Saturday, May 17, 2008

The planning has started for 'The Year of Carol (and of course Randy) 2008.'

First draft:
Saturday - Griffin's baptism, family photo
Sunday - lunch at a park, Smores and other things you can cook over a fire in the afternoon/evening
Monday - San Diego? Sea World?

Mark is going to check out the baseball schedule to see if there are any interesting games going on. Any other suggestions? What are you dying to do in or surrounding Long Beach?

Mandatory for all are the family photo and lunch on Sunday. Other than that there's some flexibility as to participation.

Addition: Dave, you get to be in charge of securing a park. Mag said there was one nearby that Pam and Kat went to for some mother/daughter deal that might work.

Tommy, I vote you get on the hotel scene. You know - figure out a decent location - preferably with pool and included breakfast is my vote - and see if they'll do a block rate. If that doesn't work for you, let me know. If you narrow things down I would be happy to help out with some phone calls.

13 comments:

Margaret said...

I like the voting on the side! I did not vote for a baseball game, but would probably go if a group was going. Who doesn't like stadium food?

Dave Reese said...

I'm sure we can come up with plenty of fun options for as many as want in on it. I'd lean away from baseball, although a Dodger dog can be good on a lazy afternoon. Most of my crowd is just looking forward to playing with family. My monkeys have never been to SeaWorld, though. So that's probably at the top of our list. That, and the main zoo in San Diego. (Safari park is a little hot in mid-Summer.)

Then again, there's always Tijuana; who doesn't like their picture taken on a donkey painted to look like a zebra?

Julie Reese said...

I don't know 100% that I will be able to go. If I don't make it then you guys can Photoshop me into the photo.

Tom said...

Hmmm. I see one vote for Disneyland, so far. I guess that's Mom's?

kat said...

mag - glad you like the voting. i thought it might be the easiest way to keep a tally. i thought about skewing the results by going in and voting a million times for Sea World, but I'm going regardless. anyone who'd like to join me is welcome. :)

dave - i can't believe your kids are not familiar with the land of Shamu(s). what kind of father are you?!!! :)

mom was actually quite on the fence about Disneyland. fear of the large summer crowds. since she's out there at least 3 times a year, and one of those times in November, she has gotten spoiled by the ease of going off-season.

the 'mandatory activities' are the things that mom would like everyone to participate in. since it's her year. :)

Tom said...

Kat, you have been spending entirely too much time in "Carol's World". How is it that the person who is about the furthest away gets tasked with finding a place to stay? I'll look to see what I can find, though.

kat said...

oh tommy - you have a local (CO) phone number and nimble little fingers. and you're tom. of COURSE you're the guy to figure out the lodgings! :)

Betty Grace said...

I want to come.
I voted for Sea World. :)

What about those cooking classes in SL?

Tom said...

Kat--

A request from the colorblind among us: Will you see about changing the colours in the survey results? I can see the bars just fine, but the number/percentage figures are washed out (unless I select it all with the mouse. Maybe a darker colour for the text there?

We all thank you (cuz I'm sure I'm not the only one having problems with this).

Dave Reese said...

I think I can find a park somewhere for some Sunday afternoon goodness. I know there was some talk of a bonfire on Huntington Beach, but that may be better on a different day.

kat said...

well, i changed the colors for you tommy - they were hard to read - but i'm not in love with the purple for all the links. so they'll change again in the future. :)

Tom said...

Thanks, Kat. The results are now legible. And I have to agree with you on the purple links. While I can see them better than the old survey results, it hurts. ;-P

summersmoker said...

Dave, are you and your kids going to be there or do you have other plans?