- Apple mania! 46 quarts of applesauce (7 + red hots) and maybe 4 sheets of fruit leather - another box and a half of apples went to a friend. Hooray for the food grinder attachment! Next year, let the apples ripen more.
- ~110 lbs tomatoes = 50 quarts. I peeled and chopped, mom processed. We should be covered for at least a year.
- ~70 quarts of grapes = 18 + 10 quarts of grape juice - The second batch (5 days later) was darker; next year, try to be patient and let the grapes ripen longer. Put a dead animal over there to keep the critters from stealing the produce.
- 3.5-4 gallons of plums = 10 pints of plum jam + 4 sheets of plum leather (4 cups/sheet)
- 10 sheets rhubarb leather - this might be my favorite flavor. Rhubarb/watermelon was good but just a little wacky at the same time, but Max can't get enough of it. Rhubarb/raspberry is fantastic.
Clane in charge.
4 hours ago