Wednesday, April 15, 2009

vindication

Well, lest you were worried that the white chocolate emerged victorious overall, a night's rest brought new resolve - and patience - and I did get those silly centers dipped. The extra white chocolate added to the key lime pie centers did the trick, and they dipped fairly nicely. The key to the strawberry centers was to take them out of the freezer in small batches. 5 centers turned out to be the optimal number before they warmed up and became too ridiculous to work with. The other key was to keep the dipping tool moving.

Moral of this little adventure: I really prefer caramel, mint, and nut centers anyways. I was going for a different taste here, but the fruity centers just don't really do it for me.

I did freeze some for Margaret for July, just in case they work for her. :)

3 comments:

The Stradling Family said...

OK, these are ridiculously amazing. Seriously, I'm coming to Colorado this summer and we need to meet up so that i can try your chocolates. I'm in awe of you!

Unknown said...

Next time I check your blog I'm coming prepared with a chocolate bar in my hand.

kat said...

Sheesh Kelle! If I knew chocolate was all it took to lure you up here to the North, I would have done more experiments long ago!